What is FRP?
FRP is a one piece, fully molded fiber reinforced plastic grating. Primarily used for flooring, access walkways, platforms, screening, battery racks, bridges, sump / trench covers, machine guards and stair treads.
Initially designed for caustic or corrosive environments, the product is also viable alternative to flooring products such as aluminum or stainless steel grating.
- Excellent strength to weight ratio. Its interwoven fiber one plece square pattern construction allows for applied loads to be evenly distributed to adjoining bars.
- Non-Magnetic: KARISMA FRP GRATING also ideal for installations sensitive to magnetic fields.
- Grit top surface provides superb anti-slip properties.
- Non-Conductive: Ideal for work platforms in potential electrically hazardous areas.
- KARISMA FRP GRATING has excellent corrosion resistance properties. Please refer to the chemical resistance chart on Karisma FRP Grating Information.
- Light weight: Panels can be easily installed on site without mechanical hoists.
- Fire Resistant: KARISMA FRP GRATING has a Class 1 flame spread rating of 25 or less, and has been tested with ASTM E-84 Tunnel test method.
- Minimal wastage: KARISMA FRP GRATING square pattern design offers the best utilization of custom made panels.
- Non-Sparking: KARISMA FRP GRATING is ideally suited for areas where combustible gases may be present, which have potential to explode or cause fire from accidental.
- Ideal for sit work: KARISMA FRP GRATING is easily cut using standard cutting tools to suit complicated site installation work. KARISMA FROP GRATING sealing kits are also available to seal cut edges after fabrication.
FRP MOLDED GRATING
FRP PULTRUDED GRATING
|Resin Base||Resin Type||Description||Application|
|Vinly Ester||Type V||Superior corrosion resistance and fire retardant, flame spread rating ASTM E84 Class 1, 25 or less, operation temperature – 50°C ~ 110°C.||Such gratings can be used in the environments with serious corrosion.|
|Isophthalic Polyester||Type I||Industrial grade corrosion resistance and fire retardant, flame spread rating ASTM E84 Class 1, 25 or less, operation temperature – 50°C ~ 105°C.||Such gratings can be used in the environments of middle concentration inorganic acid, inorganic alkali, etc.|
|Phenolic||Type P||Low smoke and superior fire resistance, flame spread rating ASTM E84 Class 1, 5 or less, smoke develope index 0, operation temperature amounting to 180°C.||Such gratings can be used in areas where fire resistance, low smoke and low toxis fumes are critical.|
For more information, please download product catalogue. download pdf